Budget 2020 highlights:
Details about declared sector-wise measures:
- Budget 2020 is woven about three key things – “Aspirational India” to boost living standards; Economic development for all, and the creation of a humane and compassionate society.
- FM encouraged state governments to implement the following model laws issued by the central government.
Under the first theme of “Aspirational India” –
- Farmers encouraged to install solar pumps, solar power generation units on their fallow or wastelands.
- The government proposes a plan to help farmers use proper manure and some water.
- NABARD map and geo-tag warehouse and Food Corporation of India. And Warehousing Corporation of India to build warehousing facilities on their land.
- Proposal to help farmers with balanced use of all types of fertilizers.
- A village storage scheme has been proposed by FM.
- Government to build a seamless national cold supply chain for the perishables. Logistics companies such as FM propose to create a seamless national cold storage chain.
- Indian Railways to establish ‘Kisan Rail’ through Public-Private Partnership
- The government has proposed a framework for the development, management, and conservation of marine fisheries. Fish production increased to 200 million tons; Involving youth in fish farming producer organizations
- Horticulture projects will be given importance at the district level. Online portal on Jaivik Kheti to be strengthened
- The government says milk processing capacity should be doubled by 2025
- Integrated farming systems will be expanded in rainfed areas
- All kissaans to join kissaan credit card scheme
- What the doctor ordered: To expand the mission Indradhanush, adding hospitals in Ayushman Bharat
- The government has proposed Rs 3.6 lakh crore for the supply of pipe water to households. Recharging existing sources and harvesting rainwater during the current year.
- FM announced Rs 99,300 crore for the education sector and Rs 3,000 crore for skill development in 2020-21
- The government intends to eliminate foot and mouth disease
- Viability gap funding through PPP model funding for 112 districts where there are no similar hospitals under Ayushman Bharat. Income from taxes (direct and indirect) on medical devices used to finance the plans
- The government allocated Rs 12,3000 crore to Swachh Bharat Mission
- Rs.69,000 crore, including funds for the PM Jan Arogya Yojana allotted by the government.
- FM proposes the ODF + scheme to maintain ODF behavior and to ensure that no one is left behind.
- Project preparation facility for the preparation of infrastructure projects for the working-age population, actively involving young engineers and management graduates
- New education policy to be announced; And FDI funds for education
- Establishment of investment clearance cell for entrepreneurs. To provide approximately 150 higher education apprenticeship embedded degree courses. To start the degree level full program
The second theme under “Economic Development.”
- Promoting manufacturing to develop smart cities and generate investment and employment opportunities
- Focus on building network products and encouraging the electronics manufacturing industry
- All ministries to issue quality standards and the government to focus on adopting technical standards
- For exporters, a new scheme Nirwik has been proposed, which will digitally refund the duties and taxes imposed at the local level; The scheme is to be launched from the financial year 2020-21.
- Development of districts as an export hub and promotion of government e-marketplace (GEM)
- A National logistics policy to be issued with a single-window “e-logistics market.”
- Monetization of 12 lots of more than 6,000 km of highway before 2024
- Measures to install large solar power capacity on land owned by railways
- Proposal to bring more TEJAS type trains, Bangalore Suburban Train
- Increase in the number of airports by 100 by 2022
- For Power Dicoms – Introduction of prepaid smart meters within the next three years in all states and union territories. Freedom to choose electricity supplier and rate as per requirement
- FM proposes Rs. 22000 crores to the power and renewable energy sector
- FM proposes to expand the national gas grid from 16,200 km to 27,000 km to deepen gas markets in India
- Data is Now oil (Announcements of Digital India): The government has adopted technology to transfer finance with beneficiaries directly. A policy to enable the private sector to build data center parks will be launched soon.
The FTTH connection will connect 100,000-gram panchayats within the year. 6,000 crore allocation for the Bharat Net program this year. Knowledge translation clusters will be set up in various fields. Quantum Technologies is opening new frontiers. An outlay of 8000 crores in the next five years. Soon, a policy for the private sector to build data center parks across the country. Our vision is to provide digital connectivity to all public institutions
In Budget 2020, Genetic mapping of Indian through two new medical schemes. Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, has yielded tremendous results. Third Theme – Caring Society: More than 600000 Anganwadi workers are equipped with smartphones to upload the nutritional status of students in India. Proposal to provide Rs 35,600 crore for nutrition-related programs in 2020-21. Identified appropriate techniques to eliminate manual cleaning of sewer systems and septic tanks. Eighty-five thousand crores for the welfare of SC and OBC. Rs 85,000 crore in 2020-21 for Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes, Rs 53,700 crore for Scheduled Tribes.
Senior Citizens: Allocation of Rs 9,500 crore for Senior Citizens and Divyang. Culture: 5 archaeological sites will be developed as iconic sites along with the site museum. A tribal museum will be set up in Ranchi, Jharkhand. New Currency Museum at Kolkata Mint – India’s oldest mint. Allocation of Rs. 3,150 crore to Ministry of Culture in 2020-21 Environment and Climate Change: India drafted on 1 January 2021 to make good the Paris Agreement promises. Two hands that will hold all the above subjects (1) Government clean (2) Trust in every citizen