Best Indicators for Intraday Trading : The Coppock curve is a long-term price momentum indicator. It is also recognize major bottoms in the stock market. Coppock curve is an excellent tool for discriminating between bear market rallies and true bottoms in the stock market.
- The Coppock Curve was originally implemented as a long-term buy or sell indicator for major indices for Intraday Trading.
- The curve is considered an oscillating trend line that bounces higher and lower than zero
- The curve looks at the rate-of-change calculations over an 11-month and 14-month period. And applies a 10-month weighted moving average to derive a signal line indicator
- The major drawback of the Coppock Curve is the event of a false signal. False signals occur during short, volatile periods of trading
- Coppock Curve is simply a smoothed momentum oscillator
- The zero line of the CC acts as a trade trigger;
- Buy when the CC moves above zero
- Sell when the CC moves below zero