Before you learn How to open a Trading & Demat Account, Check out this article to know What is Demat Account? Benefits, Types, Dematerialization, etc.
Also, learn everything about Trading Account here.
Opening a Trading & Demat account is quite convenient these days, and much easier with Aliceblue. Why do I say that?
Find out below!
- How to open a Trading and Demat Account?
- Trading and Demat Account Opening Charges
- After Account Opening Process
How To Create a Trading & Demat Account?
In India, you can open a trading & demat account either online or offline. Opening an account online is much more convenient and faster compared to the offline process.
With that said, let us explore both online and offline account processes in detail.
How to Open an Instant Trading & Demat Account Online.
If your Mobile no is linked with Aadhar, you can open a Trading & Demat Account online.
Trading & Demat Account Opening Procedure
- First, visit our website and click on Open an Account.
- Fill in your Name, Email, Mobile Number, and State and click on Open an Account.
- Fill in your PAN Card details and Date of Birth. (DOB should be as per PAN Card)
- Select the products you want to trade-in.
- Enter your permanent address details.
- Link your bank account to the trading account.
- Enter your personal and financial details.
- Upload account opening documents.
- Select the Demat Profile and Brokerage Plan.
- Provide an IPV (In-person verification) by showing your PAN towards the camera along with your face.
- E-sign the documents by verifying your Aadhaar with your Mobile Number.
- Your account will be activated within 24 hours.
- You can check the Account Activation Status here.
Documents required to open a Trading & Demat Account Online.
You need to have a soft copy of the following documents while opening an account online:
- Identity Proof (PAN Card Mandatory)
- Address Proof (Aadhar, Voter ID, Passport, etc)
- Passport Size Photo
- Income Proof (Latest six month’s bank statement, Latest ITR copy, Three month’s salary slip)
- Scanned copy of the signature
How to open a Trading & Demat Account Offline?
- Download the KYC form ABFSPL.
- Take a printout and fill up all the details. You can call us on (+91 8061575500, +91 8045490850) if you need help with filling out the account opening form.
- Attach a self-attested copy of the account opening documents.
- Sign the KYC form and send the hard copy to Aliceblue Corporate office address.
Documents required to open a Trading & Demat Account Offline.
You need the following self-attested copy of documents to open an account offline:
- KYC form ABFSPL.
- Identity Proof (PAN Card Mandatory)
- Address Proof (Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport, Ration Card, etc)
- Income Proof (3 Months Salary Slip, 6 Months Account Statement, Latest Income Tax Return Copy)
- Bank Proof (Cancelled Cheque, Passbook Copy or Bank Statement with visible Bank Account Number, MICR, and IFSC code)
Trading & Demat Account Opening Charges
- Account Opening Charges: ₹ 0/-
- AMC Charges: ₹ 400/- per annum.
Once you open an account you will be able to buy shares but to sell the shares you need to submit a document called Power of Attorney.
What is it? Read on…
After Account Opening Process
Power Of Attorney (POA) is a limited level of permission that you give us (broker) to debit shares from the Demat account whenever you sell the shares.
If you have not submitted the POA, you will be able to sell shares by using the CDSL TPIN mode. This model has a restriction of a maximum of ₹ 1 crore sell transactions per day.
If you have a portfolio of over ₹ 1 crore and wish to sell more than ₹ 1 crore of stocks from your holding in a day, you will have to send us the POA.
You will receive the POA Form via mail when your account is activated or you can find the POA Form here.