MCX Silver Mini is a unique futures contract that has a lot size of 5 kilograms of silver, making it smaller and more affordable compared to the standard Silver contract on the MCX, which represents a hefty 30 kilograms of silver.
- What Is Silver Mini?
- What is the difference between silver and silver mini in MCX?
- Contract Specifications – Silver Mini
- How to invest in Mcx Silver Mini?
- Silver Mini Investing
- Quick Summary
What Is Silver Mini?
MCX Silver Mini offers a futures contract with a compact lot size of 5 kilograms of silver, positioning it as an affordable choice relative to the 30-kilogram standard Silver contract on the MCX. Furthermore, there’s an even smaller variant, the Silver Micro, presenting a minimal lot size of just 1 kilogram, broadening accessibility for investors.
What is the difference between silver and silver mini in MCX?
The main difference between silver and silver mini in MCX lies in their lot size. The standard silver futures contract has a lot size of 30 kg, whereas the Silver Mini has a lot size of 5 kg.
|Ideal for large investors
|Suitable for small investors
|30 kg bars
|5 kg bars
|Different for each contract
|Different for each contract
Contract Specifications – Silver Mini
MCX’s Silver Mini, identified by the symbol SILVERM, offers a futures contract that has a lot size of 5 kilograms. The purity of the silver is 999 fineness, ensuring high-quality underlying assets. The trading hours for these contracts are Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 11:30/11:55 PM. The maximum order size for this contract is 5 kilograms, and the minimum price fluctuation (tick size) is ₹1.
|Contract Start Day
|6th day of the contract launch month. If the 6th day is a holiday, then the following business day
|5th of the contract expiry month. If the 5th is a holiday, then the previous business day
|Monday to Friday: 9:00 AM – 11:30 PM/11:55 PM (Daylight saving)
|Purity of Silver
|Maximum Order Size
|5 kg of Silver
|5 kg (Minimum)
|At all Delivery Centers of MCX
How to invest in Mcx Silver Mini?
Investing in MCX Silver Mini involves the following steps:
- Open a trading account with a broker who offers commodity trading like Alice Blue.
- Complete the KYC process by providing the necessary documents.
- Transfer funds into your trading account.
- Use the trading platform provided by the broker to buy/sell Silver Mini futures contracts.
- Monitor your investment and close your position before the contract expiry.
Silver Mini Investing
Silver Mini offers a less capital-intensive route to invest in silver futures, given its smaller lot size of 5 kg. Provided by the Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX), it’s an accessible alternative to the standard Silver contract, which requires a larger investment. This makes it a preferred choice for investors wishing to speculate on silver prices without tying up substantial capital.
We hope that you are clear about the topic. But there is more to learn and explore when it comes to the stock market, commodity and hence we bring you the important topics and areas that you should know:
|Crude Oil Mini
|Natural Gas Mini
What Is Silver Mini – Quick Summary
- MCX Silver Mini is a futures contract traded on the MCX with a lot size of 5 kilograms of silver.
- Silver Mini is ideal for small investors due to its smaller lot size than the standard silver contract.
- The key difference between Silver and Silver Mini in MCX is the lot size, with Silver having a lot size of 30 kg and Silver Mini having a lot size of 5 kg.
- Investing in Silver Mini involves opening a trading account, completing the KYC process, and buying/selling contracts via the trading platform.
- Silver Mini allows investors to speculate on silver prices with less capital.
- Start your investment in Currency Market via Alice blue. With their 15 Rs brokerage plan, you can save more than to ₹ 1100 in brokerage every month. We also don’t levy clearing charges.
Mcx Silver Mini – FAQs
1. What Is Silver Mini?
Silver Mini is a type of futures contract traded on the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) of India. Each Silver Mini contract represents 5 kilograms of silver. Due to its smaller size compared to the standard silver futures contract, it’s an attractive choice for small traders or those who wish to limit their exposure to the silver market.
2. What Is the Silver Mini Lot Size?
The lot size of a Silver Mini contract is 5 kilograms. This is the quantity of silver that is represented by one contract.
3. What is the difference Between Silver Mini And Silver Micro?
The primary difference between Silver Mini and Silver Micro lies in the size of the contracts. While Silver Mini represents 5 kilograms of silver per contract, Silver Micro represents only 1 kilogram of silver per contract.
4. What Is Silver Micro?
Silver Micro is the smallest silver futures contract available on the MCX. Silver, Silver Mini, and Silver Micro are futures contracts on MCX representing 30 kg, 5 kg, and 1 kg of silver respectively. Their different sizes cater to various investor capacities, with Silver Micro being the most accessible option due to its smaller size.