Best Thematic Mutual Funds 2024 English

Best Thematic Mutual Funds 2024

The table below shows the Best Thematic Mutual Fund based on AUM, NAV, and minimum SIP.

NameAUM (Cr)Minimum SIP (Rs)NAV (Rs)
ICICI Pru India Opp Fund13802.75000.029.84
ICICI Pru Business Cycle Fund7616.17100.019.53
SBI Magnum Equity ESG Fund5536.951500.0220.64
ICICI Pru Innovation Fund3622.4100.013.9
Axis India Manufacturing Fund3521.19100.010.39
HDFC Business Cycle Fund2846.12100.013.0
Axis Business Cycles Fund2627.85100.013.65
ICICI Pru Transportation and Logistics Fund2494.391000.014.63
Kotak Business Cycle Fund2489.95100.012.62
ICICI Pru Housing Opp Fund2476.75000.014.72

A thematic mutual fund is an investment vehicle that focuses on specific themes or trends in the market, such as technology, renewable energy, or healthcare. These funds pool money from investors to buy a diversified portfolio of stocks or securities related to the chosen theme, aiming to capitalize on its potential growth.

Content:

Thematic Mutual Funds

The table below shows the Thematic Mutual Funds based on the lowest to highest expense ratio.

NameExpense Ratio %
Quant Commodities Fund0.0
Axis India Manufacturing Fund0.26
Kotak Business Cycle Fund0.3
Nippon India Quant Fund0.38
Tata Business Cycle Fund0.39
Mahindra Manulife Business Cycle Fund0.4
SBI Equity Minimum Variance Fund0.41
360 ONE Quant Fund0.43
Kotak Pioneer Fund0.47
Kotak Manufacture in India Fund0.5

Thematic Mutual Funds India

The table below shows the Thematic Mutual Funds India based on the Highest 5Y CAGR.

NameCAGR 5Y (Cr)
Invesco India PSU Equity Fund26.24
ICICI Pru India Opp Fund24.27
ICICI Pru Manufacturing Fund23.68
Franklin India Opportunities Fund22.82
SBI PSU Fund22.77
Edelweiss Recently Listed IPO Fund22.73
SBI Magnum Comma Fund22.11
Nippon India Quant Fund19.91
Tata Ethical Fund19.52
Taurus Ethical Fund19.08

Top Thematic Mutual Funds

The table below shows Top Thematic Mutual Funds based on exit load i.e the fee that the AMC charges investors when exiting or redeeming their fund units.

NameExit Load %
DSP Quant Fund0.0
Nippon India Quant Fund0.25
SBI Magnum Comma Fund0.5
SBI Equity Minimum Variance Fund0.5
Tata Ethical Fund0.5
SBI PSU Fund0.5
Kotak Quant Fund0.5
Nippon India Innovation Fund1.0
Axis Special Situations Fund1.0
Axis ESG Equity Fund1.0

Top 5 Thematic Mutual Funds

The table below shows the Top 5 Thematic Mutual Funds based on Absolute 1 Year Return and AMC.

NameAbsolute Returns – 1Y %
Aditya Birla SL PSU Equity Fund69.86
SBI PSU Fund62.63
Franklin India Opportunities Fund61.72
Invesco India PSU Equity Fund61.66
ICICI Pru PSU Equity Fund61.32

List Of Thematic Mutual Funds

The below table shows a List Of Thematic Mutual Funds based on Absolute 6-month Return and AMC.

NameAbsolute Returns – 6M %
Aditya Birla SL PSU Equity Fund51.83
HDFC Defence Fund48.46
SBI PSU Fund46.22
ICICI Pru PSU Equity Fund42.38
Quant BFSI Fund38.39
Invesco India PSU Equity Fund37.81
Quant Business Cycle Fund34.44
Franklin India Opportunities Fund30.18
360 ONE Quant Fund30.13
HDFC Housing Opp Fund30.07

Looking for the Best Stocks in different sectors? Check out the following articles:

Children’s Mutual Fund India
Best Focused Funds
Best Banking Sector Mutual Funds In India
Infrastructure Sector Mutual Funds
Top Pharma Mutual Funds
Best Contra Mutual Funds
Best Fund Of Funds
PSU Mutual Fund
Best MNC Mutual Fund In India

Best Thematic Mutual Fund – FAQ

What are the Best Thematic Mutual Funds?

Best Thematic Mutual Funds #1: ICICI Pru India Opp Fund

Best Thematic Mutual Funds #2: ICICI Pru Business Cycle Fund

Best Thematic Mutual Funds #3: SBI Magnum Equity ESG Fund

Best Thematic Mutual Funds #4: ICICI Pru Innovation Fund

Best Thematic Mutual Funds #5: Axis India Manufacturing Fund

These funds are listed based on the Highest AUM.

What are the Top Thematic Mutual Funds?

The top 5  Thematic Mutual Funds, determined by their 5-year Compound Annual Growth Rate (CSGR), include Invesco India PSU Equity Fund, ICICI Pru India Opp Fund, ICICI Pru Manufacturing Fund, Franklin India Opportunities Fund, and SBI PSU Fund.

Is Thematic mutual fund good?

Thematic mutual funds can be suitable for investors who want to capitalize on specific trends or sectors, but they come with higher risks due to concentrated holdings. It’s essential to assess your risk tolerance investment goals, and diversify your portfolio accordingly. 

Introduction to Best Thematic Mutual Fund

Best Thematic Mutual Fund – AUM, NAV

ICICI Pru India Opp Fund

The ICICI Prudential India Opportunities Fund – Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund. This fund has been operational for a period of 5 years and 1 month.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.62%. It’s crucial to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, it has displayed strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 24.27%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 13,802.7 crore.

The distribution of shareholding shows that 0.63% consists of rights, 1.53% is in treasury bills, 6.14% is held in cash and equivalents, and the majority, which is 91.70%, is in the form of equity.

ICICI Pru Business Cycle Fund

The ICICI Prudential Business Cycle Fund Direct-Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund. This fund has a track record of 3 years since its launch on December 29, 2020.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.81%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, specific performance data for the past 5 years, including Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), is not available, and the fund manages assets totaling ₹ 7,616.17 crore.

The shareholding structure includes various components: 0.32% from other sources, 0.85% from Treasury Bills, 1.84% from Rights, 3.82% from Mutual Funds, 6.43% from Cash & Equivalents, and the majority of 86.74% from Equity.

SBI Magnum Equity ESG Fund

The SBI Magnum Equity ESG Fund Direct Plan-Growth is a thematic-ESG mutual fund offered by SBI Mutual Fund. This fund has a history of 11 years since its launch on January 1, 2013.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.31%. It’s important to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, it has displayed performance over the past 5 years, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 16.32%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 5,536.95 crore.

The shareholding distribution shows that 2.77% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while the remaining 97.23% are in the form of equity.

Thematic Mutual Funds – Expense Ratio

Quant Commodities Fund

The Quant Commodities Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund scheme offered by Quant Mutual Fund. The fund is currently overseen by its fund managers, namely, Sanjeev Sharma, Vasav Sahgal, Ankit A Pande, and Varun Pattani.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and has a zero expense ratio. It’s important to emphasize that this fund carries a very high level of risk.

Axis India Manufacturing Fund

The Axis India Manufacturing Fund Direct – Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by Axis Mutual Fund, and it is presently overseen by its fund managers, Shreyash Devalkar and Nitin Arora.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.26%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 3,521.19 crore.

The shareholding distribution reveals that 40.39% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while 59.61% are in equity.

Kotak Business Cycle Fund

The Kotak Business Cycle Fund Direct-Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund. This fund has a history of 1 year and 4 months since its launch on September 7, 2022.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.3%. It’s important to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 2,489.95 crore.

The shareholding composition shows that 0.92% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while the remaining 99.08% are in the form of equity.

Thematic Mutual Funds India  – 5Y CAGR

Invesco India PSU Equity Fund

The Invesco India PSU Equity Fund Direct-Growth is a thematic-PSU mutual fund offered by Invesco Mutual Fund. This fund has a history of 11 years since its launch on January 1, 2013.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.06%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 26.24%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 697.29 crore.

The distribution of holdings indicates that 5.34% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while the remaining 94.66% are in the form of equity.

ICICI Pru Manufacturing Fund

The ICICI Prudential Manufacturing Fund Direct – Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund. This fund has a track record of 5 years and 4 months since its launch on September 21, 2018.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.92%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.68%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 2,291.92 crore.

The shareholding distribution shows that 1.08% of the holdings are in Treasury Bills, 2.80% in Rights, 7.00% in Cash & Equivalents, and the majority, 89.12%, is in the form of equity.

Franklin India Opportunities Fund

The Franklin India Opportunities Direct Fund-Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. This fund has a history of 11 years since its launch on January 1, 2013.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.54%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.82%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 1,786.36 crore.

The shareholding pattern indicates that 5.77% of the holdings consist of cash and equivalents, while the remaining 94.23% are in equity.

Top Thematic Mutual Funds – Exit Load

DSP Quant Fund

The DSP Quant Fund Direct – Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by DSP Mutual Fund, and this fund has a track record of 4 years and 8 months.

The investment scheme does not impose an exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.55%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 1,262.72 crore.

The shareholding pattern indicates that 0.36% of the holdings consist of cash and equivalents, while the majority, 99.64%, is in the form of equity.

Nippon India Quant Fund

The Nippon India Quant Fund Retail Direct-Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by Nippon India Mutual Fund, and this fund has a history of 11 years.

The investment scheme imposes a 0.25% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.38%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.91%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 45.94 crore.

The shareholding pattern indicates that 2.13% of the holdings consist of cash and equivalents, while the majority, 97.87%, is in equity.

SBI Magnum Comma Fund

The SBI Magnum COMMA Fund Direct-Growth is a thematic mutual fund offered by SBI Mutual Fund, and this fund has a history of 11 years since its launch on January 1, 2013.

The investment scheme imposes a 0.5% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 2.02%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Additionally, the fund has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.11%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 542.57 crore.

The shareholding pattern indicates that 4.11% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while the majority, 95.89%, is in equity.

Thematic Mutual Funds – Absolute 1 Year Return

Aditya Birla SL PSU Equity Fund

The Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity Fund Direct – Growth is a thematic mutual fund scheme offered by Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund. It focuses on investing in public sector undertakings (PSUs) and has been active for four years and one month, aiming to deliver growth to investors through investments in PSU-related stocks.

The Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity Fund has an exit load of 1.0% and an expense ratio of 0.68%. It is essential to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, it has shown strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.26%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 1,936.97 crore.

The distribution of shares in this context is as follows: Cash and equivalents account for 8.85%, while equity makes up the remaining 91.15%.

SBI PSU Fund

The SBI Banking and PSU Fund Direct-Growth is a mutual fund scheme specializing in the banking and public sector units (PSU) sector, offered by SBI Mutual Fund. It has a track record of 11 years, launched on January 1, 2013.

The fund in question imposes an exit load of 0.5% and has an expense ratio of 1.1%. It carries a very high level of risk. Nonetheless, it has exhibited robust performance over the past five years, with a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.77%. Furthermore, the fund manages significant assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) amounting to ₹ 926.59 crore.

The breakdown of shareholding indicates that 3.07% of the portfolio is in cash and equivalents, while the remaining 96.93% consists of equity holdings.

ICICI Pru PSU Equity Fund

The ICICI Prudential PSU Equity Fund Direct-Growth is a thematic mutual fund scheme focusing on the PSU sector, offered by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund. This fund has a relatively short history, established for one year and five months.

The fund mentioned imposes a 1.0% exit load and has an expense ratio of 0.64%. It’s important to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nevertheless, it has displayed impressive performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.26%. Moreover, the fund oversees significant assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 1,625.36 crore.

The distribution of holdings includes 1.60% invested in Treasury Bills, 6.88% in Cash & Equivalents, and the majority, 91.52%, allocated to Equity.

List Of Thematic Mutual Funds  – Absolute 6 Month Return

HDFC Defence Fund

The HDFC Defence Fund Direct – Growth is a thematic mutual fund scheme offered by HDFC Mutual Fund. This fund has been operational for a duration of 8 months.

The fund specified has a 1.0% exit load and an expense ratio of 0.82%. It’s worth noting that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nevertheless, it has demonstrated robust performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.26%. Additionally, the fund manages a significant amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 1,848.88 crore.

The distribution of holdings consists of 1.15% in cash and equivalents, with the majority, 98.85%, allocated to equity investments.

Quant BFSI Fund

The Quant BFSI Fund Direct – Growth is a banking sector-oriented mutual fund scheme offered by Quant Mutual Fund. This particular fund has a history of seven months since its inception.

The fund described imposes a 1.0% exit load and has an expense ratio of 0.77%. It’s crucial to emphasize that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, it has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.26%. Furthermore, the fund oversees a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 271.87 crore.

The distribution of holdings consists of Treasury Bills at 0.73%, Cash & Equivalents at 1.51%, Futures & Options at 5.43%, and a significant majority in Equity, accounting for 92.33%.

Quant Business Cycle Fund

The Quant Business Cycle Fund Direct – Growth is a thematic mutual fund scheme offered by Quant Mutual Fund, and it has been operational for a duration of 8 months.

The specified fund carries a 1.0% exit load and has an expense ratio of 0.77%. It’s crucial to highlight that this fund poses a very high level of risk. Nevertheless, it has demonstrated strong performance over the past 3 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.26%. Furthermore, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 799.39 crore.

The breakdown of the shareholding pattern includes allocations of 4.24% in Treasury Bills, 5.62% in Cash & Equivalents, 18.66% in Futures & Options, and a dominant 71.48% in Equity holdings.

Disclaimer: The above article is written for educational purposes, and the companies’ data mentioned in the article may change over time.

We hope you’re clear on the topic, but there’s more to explore in stocks, commodities, mutual funds, and related areas. Here are important topics to learn about.

Shares Below 1Aggressive Hybrid FundTop companies in india by net profit
Mid Cap StocksBalanced Advantage FundNifty Smallcap 50
Agriculture stocksBest Money Market FundsDirect vs Regular Mutual Fund
Battery Stocks In IndiaLiquid Stocksroce meaning in stock market
Tyre stocks in indiaAir Conditioner Stocks In IndiaCover Order
Mining Stocks IndiaBest Medical Equipment StocksHow to do Intraday Trading for Beginners
long term penny stocksInfrastructure StocksSub Broker Terminal
Best large Cap Mutual FundHigh EPS Stocks in IndiaNSE vs BSE

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

All Topics
Related Posts
How To Invest In Government Securities?
Finance

How To Invest In Government Securities?

To invest in government securities, one can use a primary dealer or a broker, participate in auctions conducted by the Reserve Bank of India, or

Difference Between Shares And Stocks English
Finance

Difference Between Shares And Stocks

The main difference between shares and stocks is that shares refer to the ownership units of a specific company, while stock is a general term

Coffee Can Portfolio English
Finance

Coffee Can Portfolio

The Coffee Can Portfolio concept, inspired by an old-time practice of storing valuable items in coffee cans, advocates for a long-term investment strategy. It involves

Enjoy Low Brokerage Demat Account In India

Save More Brokerage!!

We have Zero Brokerage on Equity, Mutual Funds & IPO