Best FoFs Overseas Funds

Best FoFs Overseas Funds 

The table below shows the Best FoFs Overseas Funds based on the AUM, NAV, and minimum SIP.

NameAUM (Cr)NAVMinimum SIP
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF4785.5832.106000
Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund3385.1471.19100
Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF2891.9515.47100
Edelweiss US Technology Equity FOF2152.9122.75100
Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF1570.1720.23100
PGIM India Global Equity Opp Fund1444.2044.691000
Edelweiss Gr China Equity Off-Shore Fund1251.7138.41100
Axis Global Equity Alpha FoF922.0916.581000
SBI International Access-US Equity FoF903.0115.755000
DSP US Flexible Equity Fund863.6657.38100

Content:

What are FoFs Overseas Funds?

FoFs (Funds of Funds) Overseas Funds are mutual funds that invest in other mutual funds or investment portfolios located outside of the investor’s home country. These funds offer diversification by investing across different regions, industries, or asset classes globally, thus spreading risk and potentially enhancing returns.

Invest in Direct Mutual Funds IPOs Bonds and Equity at ZERO COST

Top FoFs Overseas Funds 

The table below shows the Top FoFs Overseas Funds based on the lowest to highest expense ratio. 

NameExpense Ratio %Minimum SIP
Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF0.05100
Aditya Birla SL US Treasury 1-3 year Bond ETFs FoF0.13100
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF0.246000
Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF0.28100
Kotak International REIT FOF0.51100
Franklin India Feeder – Templeton European Opportunities Fund0.53500
Baroda BNP Paribas Aqua FoF0.54100
Aditya Birla SL Global Emerging Opp Fund0.57100
ICICI Pru Strategic Metal and Energy Equity FoF0.57100
Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund0.58100

Best FoFs Overseas Funds 

The table below shows the Best FoFs Overseas Funds based on.Highest 3Y CAGR

NameCAGR 3Y %Minimum SIP
Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF25.11100
Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF15.33100
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF15.016000
SBI International Access-US Equity FoF13.605000
Aditya Birla SL Global Excellence Equity FoF12.75100
Invesco India – Invesco Global Equity Income FoF12.71100
DSP US Flexible Equity Fund11.54100
Axis Global Equity Alpha FoF10.221000
Edelweiss US Value Equity Offshore Fund9.78100
Invesco India – Invesco Pan European Equity FoF9.49100

List Of Top FoFs Overseas Funds In India

The table below shows a List Of Top FoFs Overseas Funds In India based on exit load, i.e., the fee that the AMC charges investors when they exit or redeem their fund units.

NameExit Load % AMC
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF0Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company Limited
Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF0Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited
DSP US Flexible Equity Fund0DSP Investment Managers Private Limited
DSP World Mining Fund0DSP Investment Managers Private Limited
DSP Global Allocation FoF0DSP Investment Managers Private Limited
DSP World Energy Fund0DSP Investment Managers Private Limited
DSP World Agriculture Fund0DSP Investment Managers Private Limited
Aditya Birla SL Global Excellence Equity FoF0.25Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited
Aditya Birla SL Global Emerging Opp Fund0.25Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited
Aditya Birla SL US Treasury 1-3 year Bond ETFs FoF0.25Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited

Best FoFs Overseas Funds In India

The table below shows Best FoFs Overseas Funds In India based on Absolute 1 Year Return and AMC.

NameAbsolute Returns – 1Y %AMC
Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF61.04Mirae Asset Investment Managers (India) Private Limited
SBI International Access-US Equity FoF37.36SBI Funds Management Limited
Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund33.19Franklin Templeton Asset Management (India) Private Limited
PGIM India Global Equity Opp Fund31.44PGIM India Asset Management Private Limited
Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF30.79Motilal Oswal Asset Management Company Limited
Edelweiss US Technology Equity FOF30.30Edelweiss Asset Management Limited
Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF29.53Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company Limited
Aditya Birla SL Global Excellence Equity FoF27.52Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Limited
PGIM India Emerging Markets Equity Fund27.45PGIM India Asset Management Private Limited
Axis Global Innovation FoF26.06Axis Asset Management Company Ltd.

Who Should Invest In FoFs Overseas Funds?

Investors seeking global diversification and willing to handle the associated risks of currency fluctuations and geopolitical uncertainties should consider investing in FoFs Overseas Funds. It suits those looking for exposure to international markets.

How To Invest in the FoFs Overseas Funds?

To invest in FoFs Overseas Funds, you can purchase units through a brokerage or a mutual fund platform. It requires opening an investment account, choosing the suitable FoF based on objectives and risk tolerance, and then investing either lump sum or via SIPs (Systematic Investment Plans).

Performance Metrics Of FoFs Overseas Funds 

Here are some key performance metrics used to evaluate FoFs Overseas Funds:

  • Total Return: Measures the fund’s overall performance, including capital gains and dividends, over a specific period.
  • Alpha: Indicates the extra return the fund generates compared to its benchmark, showing the value added by the fund manager.
  • Beta: Assesses the fund’s volatility relative to the market; a beta greater than 1 means the fund is more volatile than the market.
  • Sharpe Ratio: Evaluates the risk-adjusted return of the fund, showing how much return is received for each unit of risk taken.
  • Expense Ratio: This represents the percentage of the fund’s assets that go towards administrative and management expenses each year.
  • Standard Deviation: Measures the fund’s volatility by calculating the average deviation of its returns from its mean, indicating risk level.
  • Net Asset Value (NAV) Growth: Tracks the change in the fund’s NAV over time, reflecting its investment success.
  • Comparative Index Performance: Compares the fund’s performance to that of a relevant benchmark index to gauge its effectiveness in a global context.

Benefits of Investing in FoFs Overseas Funds 

The main benefit of investing in FoFs Overseas Funds is the access to global markets, which helps diversify investment portfolios beyond local options, potentially reducing risk and enhancing returns through exposure to international growth.

  • Diversification: Investing in FoFs Overseas allows exposure to different economic regions, industries, and currencies. This diversification can reduce risk as the performance of investments in one country or sector may offset the underperformance in another.
  • Access to Expert Management: These funds are managed by professional managers who have expertise in international markets and are better equipped to make informed decisions about where to invest globally.
  • Potential for Higher Returns: By investing in international markets, these funds can tap into growth opportunities in emerging and developed markets that may not be available domestically, possibly leading to higher returns.
  • Convenience: FoFs Overseas Funds offer a convenient way to invest in multiple international markets without the need for investors to manage multiple transactions and research foreign markets and currencies themselves.

Challenges Of Investing In FoFs Overseas Funds 

The main challenge of investing in FoFs Overseas Funds is the increased complexity due to factors like foreign market volatility, currency risks, and geopolitical uncertainties, which can affect returns and require careful consideration.

  • Currency Risk: Changes in exchange rates can significantly affect the returns of overseas investments. If the investor’s home currency strengthens against the currency in which the investments are made, it could reduce the overall returns when converted back.
  • Higher Costs: FoFs Overseas Funds may incur additional costs such as higher expense ratios, administrative fees, and taxes on international transactions. These costs can eat into the potential profits from such investments.
  • Regulatory Risks: Each country has its own regulatory environment which can impact investments. Changes in regulations, tax laws, and compliance requirements can affect the profitability and operation of overseas funds.
  • Geopolitical Risks: Political instability, economic downturns, or significant policy changes in the countries where investments are made can negatively impact the performance of these funds. Such factors are unpredictable and add an element of risk.

Introduction to Best FoFs Overseas Funds 

Best FoFs Overseas Funds – AUM, NAV, and minimum SIP

Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF

Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 29 Dec 2009.

Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹4,785.58 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 24.62%, no exit load, and an expense ratio of 0.24. The fund’s assets are entirely invested in debt instruments, with 99.9% allocated to this category. It holds a small cash position of 0.1% and does not invest in equities.

Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund

Franklin India Feeder Franklin US Opportunities Direct Fund Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 19 Feb 1996.

Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹3,385.14 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 17.21%, an exit load of 1%, and an expense ratio of 0.58. The fund’s portfolio is fully dedicated to debt securities, allocating 99.2% to this asset class. It maintains a minimal cash position of 0.8% and does not invest in equities.

Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF

Kotak Nasdaq 100 FOF Direct-Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 05 Aug 1994.

Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹2,891.95 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 0%, no exit load, and an expense ratio of 0.28. The fund’s asset allocation is entirely in equity, comprising 100% of its portfolio, with no allocations to debt or cash.

Top FoFs Overseas Funds – Expense Ratio

Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF

Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ ETF FoF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Mirae Asset Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 30 Nov 2007. 

Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹1,570.17 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 0%, an exit load of 0.5%, and an expense ratio of 0.05. The fund’s asset allocation is entirely in equity, comprising 100% of its portfolio, with no allocations to debt or cash.

Aditya Birla SL US Treasury 1-3 year Bond ETFs FoF

Aditya Birla Sun Life US Treasury 1 3-year Bond ETFs FoF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 23 Dec 1994.

Aditya Birla SL US Treasury 1-3 year Bond ETFs FoF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹84.87 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 0%, an exit load of 0.25%, and an expense ratio of 0.13. The fund’s asset allocation is primarily in debt at 96.3%, with cash holdings making up 3.7% of the portfolio, and no equity investments.

Kotak International REIT FOF

Kotak International REIT FOF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 05 Aug 1994.

Kotak International REIT FOF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹74.35 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 0%, an exit load of 1%, and an expense ratio of 0.51. The fund’s asset allocation is dominated by debt investments at 99.4%, with a minor portion in cash holdings at 0.6%, and no investment in equity.

Best FoFs Overseas Funds – Highest 3Y CAGR

SBI International Access-US Equity FoF

SBI International Access US Equity FoF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by SBI Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 29 Jun 1987.

SBI International Access-US Equity FoF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹903.01 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 0%, an exit load of 1%, and an expense ratio of 0.90. The fund predominantly invests in equity at 99.3%, with the remainder in cash at 0.7%, and no allocation to debt.

Aditya Birla SL Global Excellence Equity FoF

Aditya Birla Sun Life Global Excellence Equity FoF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 23 Dec 1994.

Aditya Birla SL Global Excellence Equity FoF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹187.82 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 9.82%, an exit load of 0.25%, and an expense ratio of 0.68. The fund predominantly invests in equity at 99.2%, with the remainder in cash at 0.8%, and no allocation to debt.

DSP US Flexible Equity Fund

DSP US Flexible Equity Direct Plan Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by DSP Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 16 Dec 1996.

DSP US Flexible Equity Fund is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹863.66 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 18.41%, no exit load, and an expense ratio of 1.50. The fund predominantly invests in equity at 98.5%, with the remainder in cash at 1.5%, and no allocation to debt.

List Of Top FoFs Overseas Funds In India- Exit load

DSP World Mining Fund

DSP World Mining Fund Direct Plan Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by DSP Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 16 Dec 1996. 

DSP World Mining Fund is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹152.70 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 18.02%, no exit load, and an expense ratio of 1.51. The fund predominantly invests in equity at 98.8%, with the remainder in cash at 1.2%, and no allocation to debt.

DSP Global Allocation FoF

DSP Global Allocation FoF Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by DSP Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 16 Dec 1996.

DSP Global Allocation FoF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹61.58 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 10.64%, no exit load, and an expense ratio of 1.38. The fund primarily invests in equity, constituting 96.9% of its assets, complemented by 0.9% in debt and 2.2% in cash holdings.

DSP World Energy Fund

DSP World Energy Fund Direct Plan Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by DSP Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 16 Dec 1996.

DSP World Energy Fund is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹137.46 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 8.93%, no exit load, and an expense ratio of 1.54. The fund predominantly invests in equity at 98.8%, with the remainder in cash at 1.2%, and no allocation to debt.

Best FoFs Overseas Funds In India – 1 Year Return

PGIM India Global Equity Opp Fund

PGIM India Global Equity Opportunities Fund Direct-Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by PGIM India Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 13 May 2010.

PGIM India Global Equity Opp Fund is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹1,444.20 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 18.46%, an exit load of 0.5%, and an expense ratio of 1.44 %. The fund’s asset allocation is 98.7% in equity and 1.3% in debt, with no cash holdings.

Edelweiss US Technology Equity FOF

Edelweiss US Technology Equity FoF Direct-Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by Edelweiss Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 30 Apr 2008.

Edelweiss US Technology Equity FOF is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹2,152.91 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 0%, an exit load of 1%, and an expense ratio of 1.41%. The fund’s asset allocation is heavily weighted towards equity at 99.9%, with a minimal debt allocation of 0.1%, and no cash holdings.

PGIM India Emerging Markets Equity Fund

PGIM India Emerging Markets Equity Fund Direct Growth is a Other Mutual Fund Scheme launched by PGIM India Mutual Fund. This scheme was made available to investors on 13 May 2010.

PGIM India Emerging Markets Equity Fund is an overseas fund of funds with an AUM of ₹105.60 Crore, a 5-year CAGR of 3.03%, an exit load of 0.5%, and an expense ratio of 1.34%. The asset allocation of the fund is predominantly in equity at 97.2%, with a smaller allocation in debt at 1.8%, and cash holdings constituting 1%.

Trade Intraday, Equity and Commodity in Alice Blue and Save 33.3% Brokerage.

Top FoFs Overseas Funds – FAQs

1. Which Are The Best FoFs Overseas Funds?

The Best FoFs Overseas Funds # 1: Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF
The Best FoFs Overseas Funds # 2: Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opportunities Fund
The Best FoFs Overseas Funds # 3: Kotak NASDAQ 100 FoF
The Best FoFs Overseas Funds # 4: Edelweiss US Technology Equity FOF
The Best FoFs Overseas Funds # 5: Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF
These funds listed are based on the Highest AUM.

2. What Are The Top FoFs Overseas Funds?

Based on Expense Ratio, the top FoFs (Fund of Funds) Overseas Funds are Mirae Asset NYSE FANG+ETF FoF, Aditya Birla SL US Treasury 1-3 year Bond ETFs FoF, Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF, Kotak NASDAQ 100

3. Can I Invest In FoFs Overseas Funds?

Yes, Indian investors can invest in Fund of Funds (FoFs) that invest in overseas ETFs or indexes, providing exposure to international markets.

4. Is It Good To Invest In FoFs Overseas Funds?

Investing in FoFs Overseas Funds can be beneficial for portfolio diversification, accessing global opportunities, and hedging against domestic market risks.

5. How To Invest In FoFs Overseas Funds?

You can invest in FoFs Overseas Funds through mutual fund houses, following the standard investment process, subject to regulatory guidelines.

We hope you’re clear on the topic, but there’s more to explore in stocks, commodities, mutual funds, and related areas. Here are important topics to learn about.

Shares below 100Drone stocks indiaDebt Free
Companies
Small Cap CompaniesLarge Cap Stocks
Shares below 10Telecommunication StocksBest Debt Free Stocks under Rs 1000Small Cap Stocks Under 50 RsLarge Cap Stocks List In Nse
Automobile Stocks Below 200Oil and gas stocks in indiaDebt Free Stocks Under 5Small Cap Stocks 100Large cap stocks under 100
Conglomerates Stocks Below 500Nifty Healthcare Stocks ListDebt Free Stocks Under 20Small Cap Stocks Under 500 RsLarge cap stocks under 200
Iron & Steel Stocks Below 500Nifty Midcap 100Debt Free Stocks Under 200 RsSmall Cap Paper StocksLarge cap stocks under 500
Textiles Stocks Below 500Nifty 100Debt Free Stocks Below 100Small Cap IT Services StocksLarge cap stocks in BSE
Tires Stocks Below 500Nifty Smallcap 100Debt Free Conglomerates StocksSmall Cap Iron & Steel StocksLarge Cap Pharma Stocks
Advertising stocks under 500Nifty Midcap 150 Stocks ListBest Debt Free Asset Management StocksSmall Cap Construction StocksLarge Cap IT Services Stocks
Electrical Equipment Stocks Below 100Low PE stocks in Nifty 100Long Term StocksSmall Cap Metals StocksHarishankar Singhania Group Stocks
Real Estate Stocks Above 1000Bse FMCGBest Short Term StocksSmall Cap Plastic StocksTop Adani Group Shares List
Penny stocks MeaningBSE HealthcareBest Gilt FundsMid Cap StocksBajaj Group Stocks
Penny Stocks ListBSE Metal Stocks listBest Mutual Funds For SipList Of Mid Cap Stocks In NseTVS Group Stocks
Agriculture Penny Stocks In IndiaBSE Midcap Stocks ListEquity Savings FundBest Mid Cap Stocks Under 100 RsRPG Group Stocks
Best NBFC Penny Stocks In IndiaHigh-beta StocksBest Multi Asset Allocation FundMidcap Stocks under 50Canara Group Stocks
Highest dividend Paying Penny StocksMonopoly StocksInternational Mutual FundsMidcap Stocks under 500Ramesh Damani Portfolio
Penny Pharma stocksLower Circuit StocksLowest Expense Ratio Mutual FundsMid cap stocks in BSESanjay Gupta Portfolio
Tourism stocks indiaUpper Circuit Stocks10 SBI Mutual FundMid Cap Real Estate StocksSanjay Singal Portfolio
Edible Oil StocksConstruction & Engineering Stocks With High Dividend YieldBest SWP In Mutual FundMid Cap IT Services StocksSanjeev Vinodchandra Parekh Portfolio
Electronic Components StockConsumer Finance Stocks With High Dividend YieldChildren’s Mutual Fund IndiaMid Cap Iron & Steel StocksSanjiv Dhireshbhai Shah Portfolio
Glass StocksPharma Stocks With High Dividend YieldBest Banking Sector Mutual Funds In IndiaMid Cap Private Banks StocksSeetha Kumari Portfolio
E Commerce Stocks In IndiaTires & Rubber Stocks With High Dividend YieldMonthly Income Mutual Funds IndiaTop 10 Low Risk Mutual Funds for SIPSharad Kanayalal Shah Portfolio
Travel StocksJewellery Stocks With High Dividend YieldBest SIP Plans for 1000 Per MonthTop Mutual Funds for SIP 10 yearsShaunak Jagdish Shah Portfolio
Top Sectors to Benefit From BJP win.Debt Free IT Services StocksBest Performing Mutual Funds in Last 5 yearsBest Multi Cap Mutual FundsShivani Tejas Trivedi Portfolio

Disclaimer: The above article is written for educational purposes, and the companies’ data mentioned in the article may change with respect to time The securities quoted are exemplary and are not recommendatory.

All Topics
Related Posts
Best Multi Cap Mutual Funds
Mutual Funds

Best Multi Cap Mutual Funds

The table below shows the Best Multi Cap Mutual Funds based on the AUM, NAV, and minimum SIP. Name AUM (Cr) NAV Minimum SIP Nippon

Best Medium Duration Funds
Mutual Funds

Best Medium Duration Funds 

The table below shows the Best Medium Duration Funds based on the AUM, NAV, and minimum SIP. Name AUM (Cr) NAV Minimum SIP ICICI Pru

STOP PAYING

₹ 20 BROKERAGE

ON TRADES !

Trade Intraday and Futures & Options