Pharma Mutual Funds English

Pharma Mutual Funds

The table below shows the Pharma Mutual Funds based on AUM, NAV, and minimum SIP.

NameAUM (Cr)Minimum SIP (Rs)NAV (Rs)
Nippon India Pharma Fund6470.4100.0447.23
ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund3279.625000.029.86
SBI Healthcare Opp Fund2263.225000.0360.7
DSP Healthcare Fund2023.0100.033.13
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund1974.05100.031.92
UTI Healthcare Fund870.481500.0234.97
Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund759.571500.026.62
HDFC Pharma and Healthcare Fund591.75100.011.73
Aditya Birla SL Pharma & Healthcare Fund565.11100.026.61
Kotak Healthcare Fund214.38100.010.5

Pharma Mutual Funds are investment funds that primarily allocate their assets to pharmaceutical and healthcare companies’ stocks and bonds, seeking to profit from the pharmaceutical industry’s performance.

Content:

Best Pharma Mutual Funds

The table below shows the Best Pharma Mutual Funds based on the lowest to highest expense ratio.

NameExpense Ratio %
Kotak Healthcare Fund0.0
ITI Pharma & Healthcare Fund0.43
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund0.54
DSP Healthcare Fund0.69
Quant Healthcare Fund0.77
Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund0.9
Nippon India Pharma Fund0.94
SBI Healthcare Opp Fund1.0
Aditya Birla SL Pharma & Healthcare Fund1.06
ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund1.12

Best Pharma Fund

The table below shows the Best Pharma Fund Based on the Highest 5Y CAGR.

NameCAGR 5Y (Cr)
DSP Healthcare Fund26.77
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund25.18
ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund24.68
Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund23.75
Nippon India Pharma Fund23.21
SBI Healthcare Opp Fund22.83
UTI Healthcare Fund21.7
Quant Healthcare Fund0.0
LIC MF Healthcare Fund0.0
HDFC Pharma and Healthcare Fund0.0

Top Mutual Funds In Pharma Sector

The table below shows Top Mutual Funds In the Pharma Sector based On exit load i.e., the fee that the AMC charges investors when exiting or redeeming their fund units.

NameExit Load %
Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund0.25
SBI Healthcare Opp Fund0.5
DSP Healthcare Fund0.5
ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund1.0
UTI Healthcare Fund1.0
Quant Healthcare Fund1.0
LIC MF Healthcare Fund1.0
Nippon India Pharma Fund1.0
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund1.0
HDFC Pharma and Healthcare Fund1.0

Top Pharmaceutical Mutual Funds

The table below shows Top Pharmaceutical Mutual Funds based on Absolute 1 Year Return and AMC.

NameAbsolute Returns – 1Y %
ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund47.02
Aditya Birla SL Pharma & Healthcare Fund46.21
SBI Healthcare Opp Fund45.34
Nippon India Pharma Fund45.1
UTI Healthcare Fund43.76
Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund42.38
DSP Healthcare Fund41.34
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund39.53
ITI Pharma & Healthcare Fund38.19
LIC MF Healthcare Fund32.42

Top Pharma Mutual Funds

The table below shows the Top Pharma Mutual Funds List based on Absolute 6-month Return and AMC.

NameAbsolute Returns – 6M %
Quant Healthcare Fund31.9
Aditya Birla SL Pharma & Healthcare Fund27.2
ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund25.89
UTI Healthcare Fund25.78
Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund25.58
DSP Healthcare Fund24.86
Nippon India Pharma Fund24.66
Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund22.92
ITI Pharma & Healthcare Fund22.82
LIC MF Healthcare Fund21.36

Looking for the Best Stocks in different sectors? Check out the following articles:

Children’s Mutual Fund India
Best Focused Funds
Best Banking Sector Mutual Funds In India
Infrastructure Sector Mutual Funds
Thematic Mutual Funds
Best Contra Mutual Funds
Best Fund Of Funds
PSU Mutual Fund
Best MNC Mutual Fund In India

Pharma Mutual Funds – FAQ

What are the Best Pharma Mutual Funds?

Best Pharma Mutual Funds #1: Nippon India Pharma Fund

Best Pharma Mutual Funds #2: ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund

Best Pharma Mutual Funds #3: SBI Healthcare Opp Fund

Best Pharma Mutual Funds #4: DSP Healthcare Fund

Best Pharma Mutual Funds #5: Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund

These funds are listed based on the Highest AUM.

What are the Top Mutual Funds In the Pharma Sector?

The top 5  Pharma Sector Mutual Funds, determined by their 5-year Compound Annual Growth Rate (CSGR), include DSP Healthcare Fund, Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund, ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund, Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund, and Nippon India Pharma Fund.

Is pharma mutual funds good to invest in?

Pharma mutual funds can be a good investment choice for diversification and potential growth, as the pharmaceutical sector often offers stability and growth prospects. 

Introduction to Pharma Mutual Funds

Pharma Mutual Funds – AUM, NAV

Nippon India Pharma Fund

The Nippon India Pharma Fund-Growth Plan-Growth Option is an investment scheme offered by Nippon Mutual Fund and belongs to the Pharma & Healthcare category. It was introduced on June 1, 2004.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.94%. It’s crucial to emphasize that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nonetheless, it has displayed strong performance over the past 3 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.21%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 6,470.4 crore. 

The shareholding pattern indicates that 1.46% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while 98.54% are invested in equity.

ICICI Pru Pharma Healthcare & Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund

The ICICI Prudential Pharma Healthcare and Diagnostics (P.H.D) Fund – Cumulative Option is an investment scheme offered by ICICI Mutual Fund and is categorized under the Pharma & Healthcare sector. It was introduced on July 25, 2018.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.12%. It’s essential to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nonetheless, it has displayed strong performance over the past 3 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 24.68%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 3,279.62 crore.

The shareholding distribution reveals that 0.06% of holdings are in Futures & Options, 0.59% are in Treasury Bills, 3.45% are in Cash & Equivalents, and the majority, which is 96.02%, is invested in equity.

SBI Healthcare Opp Fund

The SBI Healthcare Opportunities Fund – Regular Plan – Growth is an investment scheme offered by SBI Mutual Fund and is categorized under the Pharma & Healthcare sector. It was introduced on July 14, 1999.

The investment scheme imposes a 0.5% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.0%. It’s essential to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nonetheless, it has displayed strong performance over the past 3 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.83%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 2,263.22 crore.

The shareholding pattern indicates that 0.30% of the holdings consist of preference shares, 1.62% are in cash and equivalents, and the majority, 98.07%, is in the form of equity.

Best Pharma Mutual Funds  – Expense Ratio

Kotak Healthcare Fund

The Kotak Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund. It is overseen by its fund managers, Abhishek Bisen, Shibani Kurian, and Dhananjay Tikariha.

The Kotak Healthcare Fund has a 1.0% exit load and a zero expense ratio. It’s important to emphasize that this fund entails a very high level of risk. However, its performance data for the past 5 years, including its Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), and its Assets Under Management (AUM), amounting to ₹ 214.38 crore. The shareholding pattern indicates that 35.03% of the holdings consist of cash and equivalents, while the remaining 64.97% are in the form of equity.

ITI Pharma & Healthcare Fund

The ITI Pharma and Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by ITI Mutual Fund, and it is presently overseen by its fund managers, Dhimant Shah and Rohan Korde.

The ITI Pharma & Healthcare Fund imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.43%. It’s noteworthy that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, specific performance data for the past 5 years, including Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), is not available, and the fund manages assets totaling ₹ 143.28 crore.

The shareholding distribution indicates that 2.24% of the holdings are cash and equivalents, while the remaining 97.76% is equity.

Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund

The Mirae Asset Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by Mirae Asset Mutual Fund, and it is presently overseen by its fund manager, Vrijesh Kasera.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.54%. It’s essential to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nevertheless, it has displayed strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 25.18%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 1,974.05 crore.

The shareholding pattern indicates that mutual funds account for 0.01% of the holdings, while cash and equivalents make up 1.91%, with the majority, 98.08%, invested in equity.

Best Pharma Fund- 5Y CAGR

DSP Healthcare Fund

The DSP Healthcare Fund – Regular Plan – Growth is an investment scheme offered by DSP Mutual Fund and belongs to the Pharma & Healthcare category. It was introduced on November 5, 2018.

The investment scheme imposes a 0.5% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.69%. It’s crucial to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nonetheless, it has demonstrated strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 26.77%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 2,023.0 crore.

The shareholding breakdown shows that 0.86% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, 1.23% are in mutual funds, and the majority, 97.92%, is invested in equity.

Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund

The Tata India Pharma & HealthCare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by Tata Mutual Fund, and it is currently overseen by its fund manager, Meeta Shetty.

The Tata India Pharma & Healthcare Fund has a 0.25% exit load and an expense ratio of 0.9%. It’s important to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, it has shown strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.75%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 759.57 crore.

The shareholding distribution indicates that 2.03% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while the remaining 97.97% are in equity.

UTI Healthcare Fund

The UTI Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund scheme offered by UTI Mutual Fund and is presently overseen by its fund manager, Kamal Gada.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.36%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nevertheless, it has shown strong performance over the past 5 years, achieving a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.7%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 870.48 crore.

The distribution of holdings reveals that 0.15% is invested in Treasury Bills, 1.36% in cash and equivalents, and the majority, 98.50%, is allocated to equity.

Top Mutual Funds In Pharma Sector – Exit Load

Quant Healthcare Fund

The Quant Healthcare Fund Regular – Growth is an investment scheme offered by Quant Mutual Fund, and it is categorized under the Pharma & Healthcare sector. It was introduced on July 11, 2023.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 0.77%. It’s essential to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. Nevertheless, it manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 191.65 crore.

The distribution of holdings indicates that 2.57% consists of Treasury Bills, 3.70% is in cash and equivalents, 15.74% is in Futures & Options, and the majority, 77.98%, is in equity.

LIC MF Healthcare Fund

The LIC MF Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by LIC Mutual Fund and is presently overseen by its fund manager, Karan Doshi.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.21%. It’s important to highlight that this fund carries a very high level of risk. The fund manages a relatively lower amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 53.84 crore. The distribution of holdings indicates that 2.86% of the portfolio consists of cash and equivalents, while the remaining 97.14% is invested in equity.

HDFC Pharma and Healthcare Fund

The HDFC Pharma And Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by HDFC Mutual Fund and is presently overseen by its fund manager, Nikhil Mathur.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.2%. It’s crucial to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. The fund manages assets totaling ₹ 591.75 crore.

The shareholding composition indicates that 1.33% of the holdings are cash and equivalents, while the remaining 98.67% are in equity.

Top Pharmaceutical Mutual Funds  – Absolute 1 Year Return

Aditya Birla SL Pharma & Healthcare Fund

The Aditya Birla Sun Life Pharma & Healthcare Fund Direct-Growth is an equity mutual fund offered by Aditya Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund.

The investment scheme imposes a 1.0% exit load and maintains an expense ratio of 1.06%. It’s important to note that this fund carries a very high level of risk. However, it has shown strong absolute returns over the past year, with a growth rate of 46.21%. Additionally, the fund manages a substantial amount of assets, with its Assets Under Management (AUM) totaling ₹ 565.11 crore.

The shareholding distribution indicates that 4.41% of the holdings are in cash and equivalents, while the remaining 95.59% are in equity.

Disclaimer: The above article is written for educational purposes, and the companies’ data mentioned in the article may change over time.

We hope you’re clear on the topic, but there’s more to explore in stocks, commodities, mutual funds, and related areas. Here are important topics to learn about.

Shares Below 50tourism stocks indiaBest Fixed Maturity Plans IndiaSmall Finance Bank Stockcircuit in stock market
Small Cap Companiesbest gold etf in indiaGold Stocks ListDebt Free CompaniesBracket Order
Best IT Sector StocksBest small Cap Mutual Fund5G Stocks IndiaTop companies in india by net salesBest Intraday Trading Strategies
Media Stocks – Media Stocks in IndiaBest Value FundGlass StocksNifty midcap 50What is a Sub Broker?
Power sector stocksConservative Hybrid FundHousing stocksFixed Deposit vs Mutual FundWhat is SEBI

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

All Topics